Most people are concerned about the appearance of their hair and strive to attain beautiful, healthy and stylish locks. In fact, most will go to any lengths to achieve their desired look. From professional salon treatments to over-the-counter serums, hair care is a big business.
The only problem is that while many people are buying the right hair care products for their hair, they forget to follow basic hair care regimens that will guarantee the health and beauty of their tresses. Additionally, many are also causing needless damage to their hair by participating in unhealthy hair care behavior.
So, what should you do to make sure that your hair stays healthy, shiny and strong? Follow these absolute don’ts of great hair care.
- Avoid unprofessional and over-the-counter hair care products whenever you can. Many of these only offer false hopes and promises.
- Do not cut your own bangs. Leave all of your cutting needs, even bangs, to us, your hair care professional.
- Avoid excessive sun, chlorine and salt water during the summer months. Excessive exposure can cause severe damage that is irreversible even if you use the best hair care products.
- Do not use clarifying hair care products more than one time per week. They can strip hair of moisture and essential oils.
- Do not purchase hair color that comes in a box.
- Never stick with an outdated look because you are afraid of looking different. Styles change for a reason. We can help you bring your style into this decade without being drastic and shocking.
- Don’t brush your hair or put too much tension on it while it is still wet. This will cause breakage. Use a wide tooth comb to help prevent knotting and split ends.
- Never use sun-lightening products such as lemon juice or over-the-counter hair care products designed to lighten hair with the sun unless you want a very short hair cut in the future.
In the end, hair care is a very individualized and personal thing. Feel free to add your own flair and style to your hair care routine, but remember to include hair care principles that will benefit your hair and avoid those that damage it.
Ask us how we can enhance your gorgeous self with a new look!